Speakers

Chelsea Handler to host talk show at SU

Courtesy of University Union

Handler has recently taken on the role of encouraging student to find their voices and get involved in issues that matter to them, including gender equality and women’s rights.

Comedian Chelsea Handler will speak at Syracuse University as part of a New York Times conversation series on April 5.

Handler is a successful talk show host, author and comedian who currently has a talk show, “Chelsea,” on Netflix. She previously hosted “Chelsea Lately” on E.

“Get With The Times: Fearlessly Forward,” a regular production of The New York Times that is geared toward college students and stars Handler, will be filmed live at SU, according to a University Union press release.

There will be an audience Q&A following the show, and the production will also be broadcast at other colleges across the United States.

“Fearlessly Forward” will be moderated by Megan Twohey, one of the two New York Times journalists who broke the story of the multitudes of sexual harassment allegations against disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein, per the release.

Handler was named one of Glamour’s 2011 Women of the Year, has had multiple books on The New York Times’ bestseller list and is an executive producer of the Hulu dramedy “Unspeakable.” She is also an activist with EMILY’s List, an organization that aims to elect more women to public office.

cantech-5-1

Tickets for the April 5 event will be $5 for SU and SUNY-ESF students and $10 for faculty and staff. They will go on sale Wednesday, March 21 and can be purchased with a valid SU or SUNY-ESF ID. Tickets will not be sold to the general public.

Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m.